Happy Easter everyone! Every year my little l try to come up with a creative dessert, because we love to bake. This year I found this recipe for the Rainbow Ring Easter Basket Cake and it was a lot of fun! Turned out delicious and pretty on the inside & out! I have a secret to make my cakes extra moist **add instant pudding ;o)**
1 box of cake mix
1 can of frosting
Red, Blue, Green & Yellow food coloring
- 1. Heat oven to 325°F. Grease Bundt cake pan with cooking spray (make sure it's evenly spreader, my daughter greased our pan and obviously missed a corner because it was stuck). Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and egg whites.
- 2. Divide batter among 3 small bowls. Add few drops yellow food color to 1 bowl; mix well. Add red food color to second bowl to make pink. Add red and blue food color to third bowl to make purple. Pour half of the yellow batter into cake pan. Carefully pour half of the pink batter over yellow batter. Carefully pour half of the purple batter over pink batter. Repeat layers (do not mix colors). Kids really enjoy helping with this part.
- 3. Bake as directed on box until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Place cake on serving plate.
- 4. Divide frosting among 3 small microwavable bowls. Microwave 1 bowl on High about 5 to 10 seconds; add few drops yellow food color and stir until frosting is smooth enough to drizzle. With spoon, drizzle yellow frosting back and forth over cake in striping pattern until all frosting is used (allow some frosting to drip down onto plate in middle of cake, if desired). Microwave second bowl of frosting; add red and blue food color to make purple. Drizzle frosting over cake in same striping pattern. Repeat with last bowl, adding red food color to make pink frosting. Decorate cake with sprinkles.
- 5. Place coconut in resealable food-storage plastic bag; add few drops green food color. Seal bag and toss until coconut is evenly tinted. Sprinkle coconut on serving plate around cake and in center for “Easter grass.” My kids were so impressed with coconut.
Happy Easter! It was delish!!