Welcome!

Welcome! Thank you following my blog. To tell you a little about myself....I am a wife, mother of 3 beautiful girls, full time nurse, full time Scentsy Consultant, part-time travel agent (I assist my husband) & coupon guru! I love working out, eating healthy, trying new foods ( I will try anything once), traveling, cooking/baking, volunteering at church, spending time with family & friends and of course saving money! I dabble a little bit in nutrition and I am great psychiatrist to my friends, family & sometimes even strangers ( plan on working on my license in both someday). I love helping people that's why I started blogging! My blog focus is on keeping you up to date on all the Awesome deals, recipes, lifestyle changes and anything that will help you become a better you! I am such a random thinker so don't be surprised by the diversity of subjects I post! Please be sure to JOIN my blog by clicking on the JOIN button just above this message on your right or near followers, also be sure to sign up for my email updates and RSS feed so that you don't miss out on anything! Thank you again & God Bless!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Save the Tatas!

Since I am a nurse I didn't think my blog was complete without me sharing some health tips with you. Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month I think this would be a great way to kick off Health Nuts!

10/8/2011

Did you know that something as simple as performing monthly self breast exams could save your life? Well it can! If you are over the age of 20 you should be doing breast exams every month. I suggest you wait a few days after your cycle when your breast is less tender, if you no longer have a cycle pick a day out of every month and make that your day to do your breast exams.  If you are not sure how to do them this video will help guide you through!



Statistics show about 1:8 women in the U.S will develop breast cancer over the course of her life.  Those are very scary statistics. Both women and men can develop breast cancer but it is more prevalent in women. Be sure to do your monthly breast exams and women 40 and above be sure to get your annual mammogram screenings. If you have a family history of breast cancer consult with your doctor about when to start getting mammograms. You could save your own life just by doing monthly breast self exams and reporting any symptoms to your doctor. Spread the word and lets Save the TaTas!

No comments:

Post a Comment