Welcome!

Welcome! Thank you following my blog. To tell you a little about myself....I am a wife, mother of 3 beautiful girls, full time nurse, full time Scentsy Consultant, part-time travel agent (I assist my husband) & coupon guru! I love working out, eating healthy, trying new foods ( I will try anything once), traveling, cooking/baking, volunteering at church, spending time with family & friends and of course saving money! I dabble a little bit in nutrition and I am great psychiatrist to my friends, family & sometimes even strangers ( plan on working on my license in both someday). I love helping people that's why I started blogging! My blog focus is on keeping you up to date on all the Awesome deals, recipes, lifestyle changes and anything that will help you become a better you! I am such a random thinker so don't be surprised by the diversity of subjects I post! Please be sure to JOIN my blog by clicking on the JOIN button just above this message on your right or near followers, also be sure to sign up for my email updates and RSS feed so that you don't miss out on anything! Thank you again & God Bless!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cool Egg tips



I was inpired to write this post because we eat so many darn eggs in my family it's crazy! I go through at least 36 eggs in a week! No kidding! Between breakfast, baking & boiling. Eggs are a must have in our household. They are packed with a good healthy stuff too! Since I cook eggs so much, I have found a few tricks that may help you along the way. Let me share.....

1.) Did you know that if you add 1/2 tsp of baking soda to your boiling eggs the shell peel off with no problem? I thought this was a joke until I started doing it & what do you know, like magic! We now eat all of our eggs without having to fight with the shell.

2.) Did you know you can make hard boiled eggs in the oven? Yes, and they even taste better! It's super easy, just turn the oven on 325, pop themin a muffin tin, and cook them for about 30 mins. Another easy peel also.

3.) Hard boiled eggs are good for 7 days with shell on 5 days with shell off.

4.) Have you ever heard of steamed eggs? I will try anything once and this is example of that one time thing. You need a steam basket, about 2 inches of water, or just enough to cover the bottom. Place eggs in basket, turn heat on high and once water start boiling, cover with lid for about 8-10 minutes then dump in a bowl of ice cold water for 5 minutes. Another easy peel but I like the other ways better.

5.) I found the trick to making a perfect omelet, cover your skillet with a lid, so the egg cooks on both sides almost all the way through. I have always tried flipping like you see on TV. Lol! It work some times and others, well you know.....Placing a lid over the skillet work perfect every time!!

6.) I think I saved my best trick for last separating the egg yolk from the egg whites. If your anything your water bottled. I buy it by the case, using the 16oz bottles, so we always have empty water in the house. You need one of them. Crack your egg, squeeze your water bottle to push out a little air and hold in place. Place the nozzle over the yolk, slowly release and viola magic! The yolk sucks into the bottle intact! Super easy and fun for the kids to watch. Try it!

Well I'm no  eggspert but I hope these tips are as helpful for your family as they are for mine. Please share your egg secrets with me!!








No comments:

Post a Comment