Welcome!

Welcome! Thank you following my blog. To tell you a little about myself....I am a wife, mother of 3 beautiful girls, full time nurse, full time Scentsy Consultant, part-time travel agent (I assist my husband) & coupon guru! I love working out, eating healthy, trying new foods ( I will try anything once), traveling, cooking/baking, volunteering at church, spending time with family & friends and of course saving money! I dabble a little bit in nutrition and I am great psychiatrist to my friends, family & sometimes even strangers ( plan on working on my license in both someday). I love helping people that's why I started blogging! My blog focus is on keeping you up to date on all the Awesome deals, recipes, lifestyle changes and anything that will help you become a better you! I am such a random thinker so don't be surprised by the diversity of subjects I post! Please be sure to JOIN my blog by clicking on the JOIN button just above this message on your right or near followers, also be sure to sign up for my email updates and RSS feed so that you don't miss out on anything! Thank you again & God Bless!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Copycat Recipe: Bonefish Grill Pan Asian-Glazed Shrimp

Last night I wanted to try a new recipe, but wanted to use ingredients I already had at home and I came across this scrumptious Bonefish Grill Pan Asian Glazed Shrimp recipe. I tweaked it a bit and it turned out delicious! My husband and children were fighting over left overs! It's a very easy recipe & you probably have most of the ingredients in your refrigerator & pantry.


Ingredients:
1lb shrimp, peeled, de-veined & skewered (I used frozen, cooked, jumbo shrimp)

For the Pan Asian Glaze:
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled & minced ( I used fresh garlic)
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon water
3/4 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 Tablespoon honey

Directions:

1. Combine ketchup, oyster sauce, soy sauce, water and lemon juice in a bowl then set aside.

Heat extra virgin olive oil in a medium sauce pan then add garlic or ginger and sauté until fragrant.
Add your ketchup mixture then bring to a bubble. Reduce heat to medium low then stir in brown sugar and honey. Cook for 1 minute then remove and set aside.


Heat a Grill( I used a George Foreman grill) or grill pan over high heat then brush with olive oil.  Pat shrim skewers dry then lightly season with salt and pepper on both sides.  Grill on one side for about 1-2 minutes or until pink, then flip.   Brush the grilled side with Pan Asian Glaze and grill until second side is cooked. Flip again, glaze the second side then remove skewers from grill, sprinkle red pepper flakes over skewers and serve.



I served mine with Rice I cooked it in my rice cooker (can't live without it)  and roasted Asparagus.  I sautéed my Asparagus in olive oil, sprinkled with garlic salt and squeezed a little lemon juice to taste. Roasted the Asparagus on 400 degrees for 10 minutes, and they turned out perfect!  I added a little bit of hot water to my leftover sauce and drizzled it on top! This was an easy, healthy, tasty meal!!














No comments:

Post a Comment