Welcome!

Welcome! Thank you following my blog. To tell you a little about myself....I am a wife, mother of 3 beautiful girls, full time nurse, full time Scentsy Consultant, part-time travel agent (I assist my husband) & coupon guru! I love working out, eating healthy, trying new foods ( I will try anything once), traveling, cooking/baking, volunteering at church, spending time with family & friends and of course saving money! I dabble a little bit in nutrition and I am great psychiatrist to my friends, family & sometimes even strangers ( plan on working on my license in both someday). I love helping people that's why I started blogging! My blog focus is on keeping you up to date on all the Awesome deals, recipes, lifestyle changes and anything that will help you become a better you! I am such a random thinker so don't be surprised by the diversity of subjects I post! Please be sure to JOIN my blog by clicking on the JOIN button just above this message on your right or near followers, also be sure to sign up for my email updates and RSS feed so that you don't miss out on anything! Thank you again & God Bless!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Create your own 100 calorie snack packs!!

I am a very Frugal person and I try not to sacrifice good taste for healthy. Healthy and good food must go hand in hand in my family.  I make a lot of things from scratch and I absolutely hate wasting food!  With that being said I decided that I wanted to start making my own own healthy snacks for my family to......
1.) Use up left overs
2.) Help prevent food from expiring or going bad esp. Fruit
3.) Save money!! For some reason healthy is expensive! Makes no sense at all!
So when my husband or children want a snack they can just grab 100 calorie snacks and go. Can't go wrong with that!
In the process of me trying to put together snack ideas, I came across this handy tool! I hope it help you!
 Here are a few 100 Calorie Snack Pack Ideas
  • 1/2 c. Lowfat Yogurt (sprinkle with frozen blueberries, or with cinnamon, or nutmeg for variety)
  • Large Hard Boiled Egg
  • 1 Orange, peeled and divided into segments
  • 28 Grapes
  • 29 pistachios
  • 1 3/4 cups raspberries
  • 1 c. Blueberries
  • 1 c. Mango Chunks
  • 1 3/4 c. Cantaloupe Chunks
  • 1 3/4 c. Popcorn
  • 6 Dried Apricots
  • 3 small slices Dried Mango
  • 1 1/4 c. Blackberries
  • 2 Medium Kiwi's Sliced
  • 15 strawberries dipped in 1/4 c. Cool whip (lite) (you can make your own)
  • 60 Pepperidge Farm Baby Goldfish Crackers
  • 25 EatSmart Café Fries
  • 1 Small Baked Potato w/ 1/2 c. Salsa & 2 Tbls Fat Free Sour Cream
  • 12 Back to Nature Sesame Ginger Rice Thins
  • 12 Quaker Quakes Cheddar Cheese Rice Snacks
  • 40 Rold Gold Classic Style Pretzel Sticks
  • 5 Nabisco Nilla Wafers
  • ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese with 5 strawberries
  • 3/4 c. Fruit Cocktail in light syrup
  • 3/4 c. Bran Cereal
  • ½ mini bagel with 1 ounce smoked salmon
  • 45 steamed edamame (green soybeans)
  • 12-15 natural almonds
  • 2 tablespoons each of mashed avocado and chopped tomatoes stuffed in 1⁄2 mini pita
  • 1 hard-boiled egg with 1 slice Melba toast
  • 1/2 cup of sugar-free gelatin, any flavor, and two tablespoons of low fat whipped topping.
  • 15 chocolate-covered raisins
  • 10 dry roasted cashews
  • 1/4 cup of fat-free Ranch dressing to 1 cup of mixed fresh veggies such as zucchini, red bell pepper, celery, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1 piece of toast cut into four sticks (for dunking, of course!)
  • 6 saltine crackers or 2 graham cracker squares with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter or fruit jam.(One of my favorite snacks as a kid- saltines & grape Jelly... mmmmmmmmmm!)
  • 1/2 cup of fat-free ice cream
  • Easy Parfait- 1/2 cup of low-fat pudding layered with two crumbled vanilla wafers and a dollop of low fat whipped topping to garnish the top.
  • 1 Medium apple cut into slices and spread with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter
  • a 2" slice of Angel Food Cake
  • 12 small Pretzel Twists
  • 1/2 c. Unsweetened Applesauce

No comments:

Post a Comment