Every Sunday I try to make a quick healthy snack to eat before church just to tie the kids over, we typically go to the 9am service and after church we have a BIG breakfast with my in laws. It has become one of our traditions. This Sunday I decided to make some muffins! We are truly a Peanut Butter family! My husband can basically eat it by the jar! I know after making these muffins and the reaction from my family, I will be making them at least 2 Sunday's out of the month! It is very quick & easy. Here we go......
Skinny Whole Wheat Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1 c old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c almond milk
1/2 c all natural peanut butter
1/2 c chocolate chips
1. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and brown sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine egg, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
3. Add half of wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir well.
4. Add peanut butter and combine.
5. Add remaining of wet ingredients.
6. Divide evenly into muffin tins and bake for 16-17 minutes at 350°F.