Welcome!

Welcome! Thank you following my blog. To tell you a little about myself....I am a wife, mother of 3 beautiful girls, full time nurse, full time Scentsy Consultant, part-time travel agent (I assist my husband) & coupon guru! I love working out, eating healthy, trying new foods ( I will try anything once), traveling, cooking/baking, volunteering at church, spending time with family & friends and of course saving money! I dabble a little bit in nutrition and I am great psychiatrist to my friends, family & sometimes even strangers ( plan on working on my license in both someday). I love helping people that's why I started blogging! My blog focus is on keeping you up to date on all the Awesome deals, recipes, lifestyle changes and anything that will help you become a better you! I am such a random thinker so don't be surprised by the diversity of subjects I post! Please be sure to JOIN my blog by clicking on the JOIN button just above this message on your right or near followers, also be sure to sign up for my email updates and RSS feed so that you don't miss out on anything! Thank you again & God Bless!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Summer camp: Money saving tips

I know it's hard to believe, but summer will be here before we know it. We all know that camp can be a bit expensive, especially if you have more than one child like I do. Well here are a few suggestions to help you save money on camp this year.



Here are 4 suggestions:
 • #1 Register early to take full advantage of all early-bird discounts! 
 • #2 ASK if they have scholarships, financial aid or a sliding scale. 
 • #3 Offer to volunteer at camp for a reduced or free camper registration. 
 • #4 Ask friends of your child(ren) to register together for a group discount.  

Also, if this is your first year sending your child to summer camp, here are 5 tips for preparing them:
  1. Day camps are more fun when children know at least one other camper who will be attending. Don't assume that they will be in the same group, let the camp director know your preferences when you initially register your child. 
  2. If a camp facility is open when you register for camp, take a tour. If not, take a virtual tour of the facility through looking on their website. The more familiar your child is with the environment, the less overwhelming he/she will feel.
  3. Watch videos and look at photos of other campers having fun at camp. Look on the camp website and Google the camp name for additional postings.
  4. Print out the camp schedule for your child to read about a typical day at camp---from the meals, free time, activities, to the bedtime routines.
  5. For residential camps, make sure that this isn't the first time your child will be sleeping away from home. Let them practice overcoming their separation anxiety with a couple of sleep-overs with friends or family before going to a residential camp. Write a letter (or email) to the camp director with any questions.  
For more summer camp tips, visit here.

2 comments:

  1. When you’re stressed about money mastering the art of relaxation is a must. Don't forget that financial problems can affect our mental health. At the core of this is the anxiety regarding money and finances.

    ReplyDelete