Welcome!

Welcome! Thank you following my blog. To tell you a little about myself....I am a wife, mother of 3 beautiful girls, full time nurse, full time Scentsy Consultant, part-time travel agent (I assist my husband) & coupon guru! I love working out, eating healthy, trying new foods ( I will try anything once), traveling, cooking/baking, volunteering at church, spending time with family & friends and of course saving money! I dabble a little bit in nutrition and I am great psychiatrist to my friends, family & sometimes even strangers ( plan on working on my license in both someday). I love helping people that's why I started blogging! My blog focus is on keeping you up to date on all the Awesome deals, recipes, lifestyle changes and anything that will help you become a better you! I am such a random thinker so don't be surprised by the diversity of subjects I post! Please be sure to JOIN my blog by clicking on the JOIN button just above this message on your right or near followers, also be sure to sign up for my email updates and RSS feed so that you don't miss out on anything! Thank you again & God Bless!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sibling rivalry

Im probably not your typical parent when it comes to sibling rivalry and before I begin maybe I should explain. I am the youngest of 4. I have a sister that's 13 years older than me, a brother 12 years older & my sister that is closest in age to me is a whole whopping 10 years older! So it was kinda like I was the only child growing up in my house. All of my siblings were gone by the time I was 8! I had no one to fight with. I mean my sister that is 10 years older would pick fights from time to time, but she was just bitter about not being the baby anymore!  So needless to say I had no one to fight with so I don't know how it is to physically fight with a sibling so sometimes I find it pretty interesting. I mean I wouldn't let them hurt each but I typically let them work it out. What made me want to discuss this topic was the incident I walked in on today. I was in the kitchen cooking and I walked into this
 
My oldest & youngest were on the floor going at it! Did I break it up? NO! I politely said you guys need to cut it out and walked away. I heard them arguing for a few minutes, someone was crying but after about 3 minutes my house was completely quite.  I must admit, I did get a bit nervous and my heart started to beat a bit fast in hopes that I did the right thing by letting them work it out and not have killed eachother. So I returned to the family room to find this.....
 

They had made up all by themselves. I know sometimes, we do have to intervene, but most times if we let them work it out themselves they respect eachother a lot better in the end. Now I don't know if my parenting skills are right or wrong, but I do know that if I didn't let them work it out on their own sometimes I would probably lose my mind chasing after them. I have 3 girls 10, 8 & 5 and for the most part they get a long pretty well, but they do have their catty days which you see above, but after all is said and done. They love eachother more than anything. So I do think it is ok to let siblings work out their own differences at times.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment